Welcome to Valley Early Childhood SchoolOur Vision: "Valuing All Lifelong Learners in their Early Years"
Welcome Pre-School Families-
We hope that you have had a wonderful summer and are ready for an exciting year at the Valley Early Childhood Center. The staff at the Valley are committed to your children and starting them off on a POSITIVE PATH to learning and growing.
Students will be focusing on five domains of early childhood education:
- Domain 1 – Approaches to Learn
- Domain 2 – Physical Development and Health
- Domain 3 – Social and Emotional Development
- Domain 4 – Communication, Language and Literacy
- Domain 5 - Cognition and Knowledge of the World
All children will experience a rich blend of active learning and creative play on a daily basis to help them start their path to Career and College readiness.
NEW THIS YEAR: 3 year olds will start a day early to help them make the home to school transition.
- September 11 – first full day for 3 year olds ONLY
- September 12 – first full day for ALL pre k students
IMPORTANT TIMES for start and end of the day:
- Building open for drop offs – 7:30 – 8:15
- Please enter through the main door and sign your student in with the monitor
- Bus Loop will close for cars at 8:15 so that we are prepared for bus arrival
- Shuttle pick and drop off times:
End of Day
Tuscarora Elementary School – Lower Lot
Addison Community Center Parking Lot
Woodhull Community Center
- Bus Dismissal – 1:30
- For the safety of the students, NO CAR traffic will be allowed in front of the building until buses have departed. See above for approximate times – please be patient the first few days as we establish routines with our young learners. Times may fluctuate until they become use to the routine.
- End of day pick up – 1:40
- Please enter through the cafeteria door and sign your student out with staff at this location
Valley Parent Intake meetings – as scheduled with your child’s teacher- New students this will be a HOME VISIT
First Day of School 3 YEAR OLDS
· You are welcome to drop your child off on the first day and help them to make the transition to school.
New fours may drop in for a short visit this day as well.
8:20 – 8:30
First Day of SCHOOL all students
Parents are welcome to bring their child to school today but ask that you exit the building by 8:30 so that we may begin program.
Homecoming Parade and Valley Float
Valley Open house and Book Fair
Valley Picture Day ( retakes will be November 13)
Valley PTO Fundraiser
October 8th & 19th
Valley Fall Festival and Costume Parade
Further information can be found at:
- Valley Pre K website page on the district website - http://www.addisoncsd.org/domain/32
- Valley Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/Valley-Early-Childhood-School-1167131956678880/
- Information on student lunch accounts - http://www.gstboces.org/ms/foodservices/newsite/index.cfm?district=Addison
- Transportation questions – Mr. Doug Lewis at 359 – 2415
- Valley Early Childhood School Main Office – Mrs. Annette Buckley at 695 – 2636
- Valley Early Childhood School Nurses Office – Mrs. Mary Gray at 695-2636
Looking forward to seeing you!
VALLEY EARLY CHILDHOOD SCHOOL
6786 County Rte. 119
Cameron Mills, New York 14820